Well I was reading Robin Sharma's Novel "101 Ways to Success" And Found These Points and realised that these may apply for Blogging (Writing Posts) too.
Here are 5 points that me thinks must be remembered while writing a post of your blog.
- Be an original – to thine own self be true. To many among us are afraid to be ourselves. So we give up our own writing skills to follow the others.
- People(readers) want to know that you are real, that you are decent kind and trustworthy. They want to feel you and sense you and look into your eyes to see what you are made of, through your writing and your blog. They want to know your passion for whatever it is you write for. And when they sense that you are the real deal , they will read your posts. When they see that you have their best interests in mind, they will trust you. Once they will get that you are good, they will be good to you and your blog (along with your life) will get to a place called world class based on those trust connections. It is easy to forget that readers read the blogs of those whom they like. And who make them feel good. Success of your blog is all about consistency around fundamentals.
- Touch the hearts of the people(readers) you write for and they will be back for more. Engage their emotions and they will become your raving fans.
- Write as the best writer the world ever had, as martin luther king said,“if a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as michelangelo painted or as beethoven composed music or shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well, that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say,’ Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job so well’.”.
- The more successful you and your blog become, the more good and quality contents you must give to your readers. The more committed to efficiency and relentless improvement you need to add. Because the moment you stop doing the very things that got you and your blog to the top of the mountain is the very moment you and your blog begin the slide down to the valley.