Alexa.com says itself as Web Information Company and truly it is. Alexa is the top most site to check your website/blog status in the world where it stands in the www(world wide web). If you are blogger then you must get your blog claimed on alexa and you must focus on increasing your rank as it is the alexa rank that shows the authority of your website/blog. If you want to monetize your website/blog then also Alexa must be considered as many advertiser check your alexa ranking, daily unique visits, page views etc. before buying ad space in your blog. Alexa rank under 100k is a good and so first you must focus to get ranked below 100k. But before that you must create a account on alexa. Then claim your site/blog and then focus on increasing your ranking. Here are the steps to get your sites claimed on Alexa:
Creating Account on Alexa:
- First of all go to Alexa.com
- Click on Create Account link.
- Fill the details and submit.
- Verify through email
- You are Done. Now just login.
Claiming You site/Blog:
- After logging in go to dashboard and choose your plan. (I would recommend free one if you get less visits)
- Now go to alexa site owner page (or click here). Enter your site/blog url and click on Claim your Site button. Below is a Screenshot.
- After entering your site/blog url and clicking Claim your Site Button you will be provided with two methods to claim your site/blog. Choose according to your convenience( I would recommend 2nd method as it works with blogger and other free blog providers too.)
- Follow the second method and after adding the code in your site/blog, click on verify my ID.
- Now Just Click Continue and add your site/blog details.
- You are Done Now.
If you are having problems claiming your site/blog feel free to ask questions through the comment section.