We all know the importance of search engines in the visibility of one's blog. Search Engines Giants like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc are the most important of them where you can submit your blog. As I have Already discussed submission of blog in Google through Webmasters tools, I will now discuss about submission of blog on Bing and Yahoo. To submit your blog on Yahoo just submit it on Bing it will be automatically added in Yahoo Index.
How To Submit your Blog To Bing?
- Log in with your Microsoft Account.
- If You Don't have account on Microsoft Sign Up
- Enter Your Blog Url and click Add button at the top of the page as shown in the figure below.
- Now go to submit your sitemap section and add the Url of your sitemap. To do this copy this code:
http://yourblog.com/sitemap.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500 (As Shown in Figure)
- Now Click on Add button.
- In the next step You have to verify the ownership. For this choose option 2 that is through meta tags.
- Insert the meta tag in your blog template in the <head> section.
- Now Go back to Bing Webmaster tools and click on verify button.
- That's it. You are done.
Note: You will have to submit more sitemaps if your blog has more than 500 posts. You can do it by going to the sitemap section in Bing webmaster tools and then adding the following code:
For 500-1000 posts add this:
If you have more posts just change the start-index=501 part to the required start point.
Like for 1000-1500 posts add this:
Within 3 days your blog will be indexed in Bing and Yahoo.